Many of us cannot distinguish between electrical and electronics. After reading this article, I hope everyone can distinguish between electrical and electronics.
Table of Contents
The Main Difference Between Electrical And Electronics
Electrical is the branch of science where the flow of conductive electrons and objects made by conductors (such as motors, generators, transformers, switchgear, magnetic conductors, circuit breakers, etc.) are discussed.
That is, the current flow source, electrical circuit, and AC are discussed in this section.
Electronics is the branch of science where charge through the semiconductor, the flow of electrons and holes, and objects made by semiconductors or the like (such as electronic tubes, vacuum tubes, diodes, transistors, MOSFET J-FET, SC, etc.). Circuits (IC), amplifiers, oscillators, flip-flops, logic gates, microcontrollers, etc.) are discussed. Work is done on DC in electronics.
The main difference between the electrical and electronics circuits is that the electrical circuit has no decision making power, but the electronic circuit has the power to make the decision (control). Most modern appliances use a combination of electrical and electronics circuits. Basically, this is why electrical and electronics engineering is coming.
- An electrical device converts an electric current into another form, such as thermal energy, light energy, etc. Electronics devices control the movement or movement of electrons for various operations.
- Electrical devices use copper or aluminum to propagate electric current where semiconductor materials are used on electronics devices.
- Electrical devices operate mainly on alternating current, while electronic devices work on DC voltage.
- An electrical device operates at a high voltage whereas an electronics device operates at a low voltage.
- The power consumption of an electrical device is much higher than that of an electronic device.
- The conductivity of an electrical device is much greater than that of an electronic device.
- Electrical devices are more dangerous than electronics devices. Due to faults in electrical devices, many types of short circuits are very dangerous.
- Examples of electrical devices such as fan, transformer, motor, generator, etc. Examples of electronics devices such as transistors, thyristors, micro-controllers, etc.